Consumer Information

Industry Information


Commissioner's Corner

Office of the Commissioner of Securities and Insurance
840 Helena Ave.
Helena, Montana 59601

(800) 332-6148
(406) 444-2040

(406) 444-3497
(406) 444-3413

(406) 444-3426

Continuing Education
Reciprocal States
Producer Licensees:  Montana is reciprocal with all states for insurance continuing education requirements.  Complete the insurance continuing education requirement in your state of residence and submit the renewal compliance form prior to the license lapse/renew by date on the face of the individual Montana license.

Adjuster Licensees:  Montana is reciprocal with Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia , Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Hampshire, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas , Utah and Wyoming.  If you live in one of these states and meet the insurance continuing education requirement for your state of residence, no further action is required.

Adjusters who live in a state without an insurance continuing education requirement must still complete 24 hours of continuing education. The adjuster can complete those hours in Montana or their designated home state. Within those 24 hours, a minimum of 3 credit hours must address ethics. Please send any questions regarding reciprocity to